Tuesday 22 October 2013

Thank You Daddy, For Being As Vain As I Am!

I'm broke.  So unbelievably broke.  I haven't been able to look for a job since moving as I'm studying Criminology and Psychology, so Mr Blue Eyes (the boyfriend) has defaulted to the main bread winner.  Unfortunately, he hasn't had much luck on the job hunt, so we are currently living off the donations of our parents.

My hormones have been on a monumental bender these past few months, and while Paula's Choice was managing, though not preventing my breakouts, I have run out of the testers and my skin has once again becoming incredibly unbalanced.  This has taken all of three days to happen.

Chatting with my Dad, I mention that my hormonal acne is getting out of hand again, and he proceeds to ask what I can do to purge it.  I explain about Paula's Choice, and how the testers worked well with my skin, and he then offers to send me money in order to buy the skin care systems, commenting "you can't go to job interviews with your face a mess!"  The dramatic decline of my skin has made me unwilling to look a gift horse in the mouth.

So I've purchased full sizes of the CLEAR cleanser, extra strength exfoliate, and a a tester of the extra strength acne treatment with 5% benzoyl peroxide (only available from the US website).  I also purchased full sizes of the Balancing cleanser, toner, and I've taken a gamble purchasing the moisturiser without SPF from the same range.  My skin reacted badly to the moisturiser with SPF, but the twice that I used the moisturiser without, my skin didn't react negatively.  I also purchased two samples of the Hydralight moisturiser with SPF to see if that is more agreeable with my skin for use during the day.

I purchased all of this from the United States website, using a promotion code which skimmed 15% off the total price excluding shipping.  Ordering from the US website also included a trial size of an exfoliate - I chose Skin Perfecting 2% BHA exfoliant from the Balancing range- and three samples sachet - of which I chose three makeup removers - for free!  Including the freebies the order contains 12 items and came to $100.60 after I applied the discount.  The only international shipping option offered on the US website is international priority, which takes 3 - 5 working days to arrive, but it costs $55.  I would happily receive my order a week later and pay less shipping, but even with the outrageous shipping, my order ended up being less than I would have paid using the European distributors.  And I got freebies!  Freebies are always appreciated!

That's all the money Dad gifted me gone, however.  I'm trying to look at it as an investment, so that if it works, I won't go spending lots of money on foundations.

Speaking of which, I ordered a bunch of $1 samples from the mineral company Meow Cosmetics.  Their mineral foundations are said to be the holy grail by many a cruelty free beauty guru, and with over 80+ shades of foundation, I'm hoping I'll be able to find a close match!  I'm expecting two foundation samples, two blush samples, two eyeshadow samples, and a bunch of primer and finishing powder samples, all for oily skin.  I'll be reviewing these when my face doesn't look like it'd be more at home on a mountain troll.  They should be arriving this week.

I also purchased a bunch of eyeshadow samples from Darling Girl Cosmetics which I've been told was shipped today, so they will get reviewed next week when they arrive!  Ooh!  Exciting new pretties!

I've gotten bored of not working, so I've decided that I'm finding a job, even if it's just for a few weeks.  I sometimes think of myself as lazy, but the truth is I cannot stand being unemployed.  I don't have much of a reason to go out of the house if I don't have a job, mainly because I have no bloody money to go out with.  I'm actually going to volunteer at the local animal sanctuary twice a week so I can get out of the house for a bit.  I can also get my fluffy fix, as they're looking for cat petters (yes, someone to pet their cats so they get used to people!) and dog walkers.

 Dad has also offered to pay for a gym membership for me, which I'm going to take him up on.  I have a physiotherapist appointment tomorrow morning to see if we can find a way for me to exercise efficiently with my buggered knees!  My feet are arched incredibly high, which causes my knees to hyper-extend (bend in on themselves).  I have special insoles for my shoes to walk about in, and I wear sport supports for my knees, but they only help so much.  So here's hoping we can find a way to get me moving and all sweaty!

Well, this blog post ended up being much longer than intended.  I'll bugger off for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment