Wednesday 2 October 2013

It's Lemon, Not Lime!

Hi there!

I'm Lealou (think Fifth Element) and I'm a cosmetics junkie.

It's said that admitting you have a problem is the first step on the road to recovery, which is exactly what I'm on the road to.  Only, I'm not giving up my cosmetics.  Instead, I'm transitioning from buying any old high street or designer brand, to purchasing from independent companies and making sure my purchases are vegan, or at the very least cruelty free.

I'm not a vegan.  I eat mean.  I enjoy meat (om nom!), but I always either buy organic or at the very least free range.  I don't eat veal, foie gras, or meats or byproducts from factory farms.  If I'm this careful with what I put into my body, shouldn't I be just as careful with what I put on my skin?

For the better part of ten years I've been interested in independent and organic cosmetic companies, and the larger part of my makeup collection is at the very least cruelty free.  However, I have recently moved countries and have to marvel at the lack of vegan companies which are willing to ship to mainland Europe for a reasonable charge, forcing me to forgo my preferably vegan habits till I find more local and affordable alternatives.  This has motivated me to finally start my review and tutorial blog, shining the (lemon) lime light on my favorite cosmetics, and those which don't quite live up to my hopes and dreams.

Hopefully you'll find my opinions and experiences enlightening, or at the very least my witty repertoire amusing.  My first review shall be on the foundation of my makeup, quite literally.  I've had to leave over half of my extensive makeup arsenal when I used to live, so expect multiple reviews on BB creams and base in the future!


TTFN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment